Ingredients for 4
300 gr of Lathouri
1 large dry onion in finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic in slices
2/3 of the cup of olive oil
2 fresh tomatoes grated or 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
Lathouri in the saucepan
1) Rinse the Lathouri very well in a colander under running water.
2) In the saucepan with half the oil, sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes until it wilts and sweeps, add the garlic, stir for 1 - 2 minutes and add the Lathouri.
3) Mix well, add the tomatoes and 11 glasses of warm water and as soon as it starts to boil, lower the fire in half, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until soften and the soup thickens.
4) Add salt, pepper and the remaining oil.
If we want to boil them faster, we can put them in the water from the previous night.
* If we use a pressure cooker then add 7 glasses of water and cook for 30 - 35 minutes.